June 15, 2012 by Cassy
It’s Friday! I don’t know how your week was, but I’m super glad it’s the weekend. Continuing with the earthy, organic trend from yesterday, here are some product packaging inspirations from companies that also do good!
1. L’Oreal’s Pureology Shampoo – Not only are the bottles redesigned to be from sustainable packaging, the formulation is 100% vegan! These also flip over when you’re running low. Genius!
2. Shea Radiance’s Pure Shea Butter – Shea butter leaves your skin silky soft, but this one comes in a biodegradable container (paperboard) made from 90% recycled waste and 85% post consumer waste. Plus, I like the company’s stance on Fair Trade and eco-beauty.
3. KORA Organics by Miranda Kerr – Uh…what? You didn’t know supermodels have their own beauty product line? KORA formulates with certified organic ingredients, but says nothing about ecological impacts or animal byproducts. Guess I’ll make an exception since it’s only my second post. Reason why I chose their packaging because it looks so clean, and they use the new Quadpack packaging, which is the airless containers. Airless = products don’t dry out as quickly = reduce waste.
4. Artisan Botanical Perfume – Yes, that is perfume in what appears to be a lip balm container. This one is awesome because it won the 2011 HBA Packaging Design Award. It is made from recycled, biodegradable paperboard, using no glue and vegetable-based inks. Perks: the perfume is made from sustainable ingredients and is 100% natural, 100% botanical, AND they donate $1 to the New Zealand Forest and Bird Society. Awww…
5. EcoTools Brush Set – Okay, so they’re technically not really “packaging”…but these brushes are made from bamboo, recycled aluminum,and soft synthetic taklon bristles. Also, they are 100% cruelty-free (YAY!) and the company is part of 1% for the Planet.
Now that you feel all good and cozy inside, go out there and enjoy your weekend, gorgeous!