June 20, 2012 by Cassy
It’s hump day. I’m feeling lazy…the summer months seem to take a toll on me because it’s so humid. However, summer means there are tons of fruits to eat, especially in California. Blueberries, and other dark berries, contain tons of antioxidants to help boost your immune system and prevent infections and diseases. Additional benefits include:
- reducing belly fat, so now you can bounce a quarter off my abs
- preserving vision so I can read in the dark
- healing damaged brain cells, which increases memory, so I will no long need to ask “who’s there” when someone says “knock-knock”
- strengthening the heart, so I can handle multiple heartbreaks such as when my favorite lip balm gets sold out
- helping with digestion, because when I need to go, I want to be able to go
- inhibiting certain cancer, since I plan on living until 100
- aiding with depression, because it’s depressing to sift through celebrity gossips involving Lindsay Lohan
So anyway, go ahead and treat yourself to this special, super easy (read: lazy), but effective hydration mask. It’s not like there’s anything too exciting to do on a Wednesday night anyway.
- Blend 1/4 cup of blueberries (organic and fresh work best), 1 tablespoon of honey (raw and organic are best), and 1 tablespoon of olive oil (organic, EVOO) in a blender. If you want, you can add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the formula since it will help brighten your skin.
- Apply evenly all over your face, leave room around your eyes, mouth, and obviously don’t stuff this in your nose.
- Leave on for 5 minutes. During this time, you can read the rest of my blog, watch the sun set, watch commercials, read your friends’ Facebook status, or twiddle your thumbs.
- Wash off or eat your way out of it (I recommend the former).