July 6, 2012 by Cassy
You know, sometimes I run out of things to
complain write about in the world of beauty products. So here’s a tidbit from my personal file. For my graduate studies, I’m forced voluntarily delighted to research and admittedly go crazy over great entrepreneurs. Specifically, I love female entrepreneurs. So here you go, my list of 7 great female entrepreneurs in the Beauty and Cosmetic industry.
1. Hayley Barna and Katia Beauchamp, Founders of Birchbox. They are great because they’re young, passionate, and they made their idea come into life. Also, they did me a huge favor by making beauty products more accessible and convenient.
2. Cristina Carlino, Founder of Philosophy. She is awesome because she told me, “you don’t need 20 products, you only need one that works.”
3. Coco Chanel, innovator and fashionista. I love her because she took charge, pioneered, and revolutionized our fashion and beauty world.
4. Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics. She’s great because she’s created opportunities for women all over the world to rise and create success for themselves.
5. Essie Weingarten, Founder of Essie Cosmetics. I love that she was bold and dared to be different. Her company continues to create amazing colors today.
6. Bobbi Brown, Founder of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. I think she’s great for creating cosmetics that don’t look like you’ve put on cosmetics. I love the natural, healthy, and simple skin concept.
7. Elizabeth Arden, Founder of Elizabeth Arden, Inc., for the marriage between science and beauty. That, and she’s great for creating one of the largest empires in the US.