September 24, 2012 by Cassy
Last week, my Nutrition team and I went to an all-you-can-eat lunch, and I remember coming back super stuffed. I suffered food coma for almost an hour, struggling to keep my posture straight and eyelids open. If you don’t want to gain the extra pounds during the holidays (or any free lunches), the following ingredients will help you feel fuller.
- Protein. We’re not talking about eating meat here, but plant protein (like pea, soy, potato, whey) ingestion can increased satiety, reduced calorie consumption and increase fat burning.
- Caralluma fimbriata. This is a plant from India that can suppress appetite and provide metabolic benefits.
- Purple mangostene. I use to eat this all the time when I was a little kid. It has anti-inflammatory benefits as well as reducing body weight.
- Fiber. Fruits and vegetables that are high in fiber help manage metabolic syndrome complications, including obesity. Taking this and whole grain products also help fight type-2 diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular diseases.
- White kidney bean. White kidney beans help reduce weight and inhibit starch absorption and starch-induced hyperglycemia.